
SM, T and I drove to Georgia to get some baby 'Stinkpot' musk turtles. Yes, all the way to Georgia! We found a guy who needed someone to adopt some baby turtles that his turtles had before he went back to college. We were able to get them free and without putting them through the mail! We met him in a Shoney's parking lot. His car was easy to spot, it had turtle stickers all over the back. He's even studying them in college. =) We chose two, one for SM and one for Ch. Ch's had just hatched that morning and still had his 'belly button' attached - who knew?!? Sm's was the smallest of the bunch, but one of the most active! They have named them Big T and Mud Flap, respectively.
Thanks to the Weinheimers for the awesome tank, it's a perfect turtle paradise! Considering that the turtles only get about 4 inches long, it will be a good sized habitat for them. Besides finally getting the pet he wanted, Sm should also be able to get his Reptile and Amphibian merit badge!







2 comments:
I have never seen such teeny tiny turtles in my whole life! What a fun road trip too! :) Turtle Power!
Those are such small turtles!! I will show the girls and post their reactions. I would say cute, but I tend to save that word for fuzzy type animals, I will say they are really cool though!
Post a Comment