»

Sunday, December 7, 2008

MJ Christmas Parade

Our Cubscouts marched in the Mt. Juliet Christmas Parade this Saturday! Here's my patriotic little scout!
They were awfully cold while we were waiting for the parade to start, but they warmed up once we got moving. They ran candy and pass-a-long cards out to the crowds along the sidewalks (we weren't supposed to 'throw' anything). SM came along to support his brother.
T got a ride in the handcart.

Here's the pack getting ready. You can see the street sweeper behind them. We were one of the last entries. They actually put Santa between us and the end, so at least we weren't 'the end'. The banner had a copy of one of Baden Powell's sketches. =) I wasn't sure I wanted to do this (too cold), but it turned out to be a great experience for all! We'll just make sure we have hand warmers and hot chocolate next year!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

sandals said...

They look awesome! Wish I could have been there!

Karadraws said...

Wow, what a fun looking parade. I LOVE the santa hats, what a nice addition to the scout uniforms. AND I must say the first one of CH is so so so cute (but he doesn't LOOK cute, he looks TOUGH! See, I remembered! :) )