That should probably read Jeff and Cris across the top. We have had a crazy weekend. Here's a list of most of our mishaps:Our closet shelving colapsed - big mess, cleanup still in progress.
I cut my hand on the replacement shelving - not too big of a mess, but sore.
I got the wrong size of brace for the shelving - another trip to the store.
We had to 'trim' Jeff's door to fit the space for it...why it didn't fit I can not imagine...
Jeff weedwacked the airconditioner power lines - not severed thank goodness
Jeff thought he broke the riding lawnmower...
Jeff told me that his parents were indeed coming to visit - in three days - even though I had asked and he told me that they weren't... (I love to have them come, I just like to have things ready so I can enjoy myself too.)
Jeff's car broke down in our friend's driveway.
We went over that night to jump the car.
The car didn't start.
We charged the battery.
Put the battery back in - the car didn't start.
We checked the battery at Auto Zone.
Put the battery back in - the car didn't start.
Jeff had to go to the airport at four in the morning - great Home Teacher gave him a ride.
We got a friend to help - it's fixed now. =)
There were other small mundane things that usually would not have seemed so overwhelming, but with everything else going on, they seemed to add to the ridiculousness of the weekend.
At one point I started laughing and Jeff said that he didn't think there was anything to laugh about. I told him that if we couldn't laugh about the weekend, what else were we going to do?!?!
Life is good, life is great, let's go eat some chocolate cake!






2 comments:
Oh my! You did have a weekend, hopefully your week will be a lot more quiet.
Oh my. I love days like that. Just when you think it's done, something else happens. If you're me, you also land on the cat due to clumsiness. At least you are of the mindset to laugh instead of cry, very admirable! May things settle down, not break, not make you bleed and most of all, may actually get some chocolate cake and may it be wonderful! :)
Post a Comment