»

Monday, October 13, 2008

Lake Trail

Since Papa is in town, we decided to go to Long Hunter State park and walk the trail around the lake today.
It was only two miles around the lake and was very conveniently paved - perfect for a stroller (stroller = happy 3 year old = happier mom). SM got nuts thrown down on him by a squirrel, Ch ran around with a stick, and T rode along sans 'hold me mommy' cries.
We had a nice musubi picnic on one of the little docks that extend out into the lake.
The scenery was beautiful, especially with the leaves turning colors...
and we found some interesting trees.
We saw tons of squirrels, several deer, wild turkey and even a dead raccoon. The boys thought of saving it for Tutu so he could make a Davy Crockett hat out of it, but I told them NO! Other than the threat of bringing home dead animals, definitely a do over =).

2 comments:

Karadraws said...

Gee, I want to do that. What a fun day! I love the "tree toilet" and deer. How exciting to get so close to him/her. It's so relaxing being out in places like the ones in your pictures. When I am out in nature, I always end up thinking, "oh yeah, THIS is what matters, not work, worries, etc." Awesome pics!!!

Anniemay said...

What lovely weather to be outside enjoying. Now that I have lived with four seasons for 5 yearts now I truly enjoy Fall. But I know winter is just around the corner.