»

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Library Time

Papa got to go to the library with us today before he headed back home. The Nashville Zoo brought some animals for the kids to see. The boys, after scanning the toddler aged crowd, decided that they were too old to stay so they went and read books. I'm glad T was able to enjoy the animals - here are some of our favorites!

The skunk was de-scented thank goodness.

This poor little fellow only had one eye due to a car accident.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Karadraws said...

Oh my, what a great library you have. How awesome to see the animals. I really love them both, but I can't help but say "OHHHHhhhhhh" when I hear about the little guy with only one eye. How wonderful that the zoo was able to help him!

C. Stover said...

Yeah, it is sad. At least the people who hit it stopped and got help for it. On the same note, seems to be a theme this week for us, on our hike we saw a deer with a broken leg. It looked like it had mostly healed, but it had to hop around. We told the park rangers, but I'm not sure if they can do anything for it.=(

Karadraws said...

Oh, sad! Poor deer! Ben used to work at a golf course and they had deer living on the course. Well, one of the deer got stuck jumping over a fence and got it's leg really messed up. They didn't think it would make it but it got better and as far as I know it's still hobbling around up there. Nice of you to tell the park rangers about the deer you saw! Hopefully it'll be ok! It's so hard to see stuff like that.

Jenae said...

This is a great example of why you shouldn't drink and fly. Cars jump out of no where! J/K I do feel bad for the little guy. Good thing there are people with knowledge to help!